Sunday, February 22, 2009

Top Weekend


Me and Katherine at Saturday night's gig

The Hydropaths

The only good thing about England's lack of Mexican restaurants is that it's made me a better cook. My steak fajitas are right up there with Azteca or Veracruz...

This Saturday I had a proper girls' day out with Antigoni. We went shopping at Accessorize (a classier, more expensive version of Claire's) and La Senza (basically like Victoria's Secret), as well as a stop at WH Smith so I could get birthday cards for Pudd & Jason. Then we had a really nice dinner at Pizza Express--I had the mushroom one, Funghi di Bosco, which is similar to that CPK wild mushroom one. For dessert, we had the semi-freddo--it's gelato topped w/ nuts that comes with a demi-tasse of espresso on the side.
We left Pizza Express at 7:55, and the gig was starting at 8. I didn't have time to go home and drop off the stuff I bought, so I just put them in my purse when I got to the club. The show was good, and we went on to another club near campus that I'd never been to before. It was alright, but the crowd was an odd mix--quite a few older people (and when I say older, I mean graying hair and/or balding). It was also extremely hot in there, and I had that purple wrap sweater on. At one point I took it off and was just down to the camisole, but I put it back on b/c I was too self-conscious--esp. w/ the old guys around, haha.
Today I got up early and finally got some studying done for my meeting w/ my dissertation supervisor. Went to the Albion Starbucks and Caffe Nero, then up to the library to get some more books. I've found a couple of interesting angles to ask him about, so that's good--now I just need to rework my research question to fit them...

No comments: