Friday, June 4, 2010

Update

I really haven't had much to update about since I've been back on the Island. Kelly & her fellow blogging friends have been passing this around...after mocking it at first, I think I'll do it, just to have something to blog about :)

30 Days of Me! (which is a silly concept, because these blogs are always about me...)

Day 1: Your Favorite Song
Day 2: Your Favorite Movie
Day 3: Your Favorite TV Show
Day 4: Your Favorite Book
Day 5: Your Favorite Quote
Day 6: What ever tickles your fancy...
Day 7: A photo that makes you happy
Day 8: A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9: A photo that you took
Day 10: A photo of you taken over 10 years ago
Day 11: A photo of you taken recently
Day 12: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13: A fictional book
Day 14: A non fiction book
Day 15: A Fanfic
Day 16: A song that makes you cry (or get choked up)
Day 17: An art piece
Day 18: Tickling Fancy Day
Day 19:Your Day in Great Detail
Day 20: A Hobby of Yours
Day 21: A recipe
Day 22: A Website
Day 23: A Youtube Video
Day 24: Tickling Fancy Day
Day 25: Your Day in Great Detail
Day 26: Your Week in Great Detail
Day 27: Your Month in Great Detail
Day 28: Your Year in Great Detail
Day 29: Hopes, Dreams, and Plans for the next year.
Day 30: Final Tickling Fancy Day...

I'm going to back-date it a bit and do 4 today, because I want to have it all done in June.

1. Favorite Song: Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" seriously does put me in a better mood no matter what. It's optimistic and bright and just classic. Wish it hadn't had that recent Glee-inspired comeback, though...that made it cheap.
According to my iTunes, my most-listened-to track is Brendan Benson's "What I'm Looking For"...it's more my typical style, singer-songwritery stuff.

2. Favorite Movie: "Love Actually". Yes, it's a Christmas movie, but I watch it year-round. First saw it in French, and liked it even then, when I didn't understand the dialogue.

3. Favorite TV Show: "The Daily Show" is definitely my favorite--the one filming I'd want to see if I were in NYC, and the one show I'd want to get interviewed on (for any reason).

4. Favorite Book: Really tough, this one. I used to always say "The Catcher in the Rye", and yes, it is great, but my tastes have changed over the years. Now it seems too depressive and juvenile, just like another old favorite, "The Bell Jar."
I've always loved the classics, like Austen & the Brontes--my favorites of theirs are "Persuasion" and "Wuthering Heights", respectively. For an entirely different mood, I love Hemingway & Steinbeck, too. (This is why I have so many books...)

No comments: