Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Engaged!

On Bank Holiday Monday, we went to Richard's hometown Ramsgate in Kent for our 2nd anniversary.
Richard & me in Broadstairs
The two of us in Ramsgate
The bandstand where he proposed :)
A vintage postcard of the bandstand

After a lovely anniversary dinner, we went walking out on the harbour wall. It was cold & rainy, and there were fishermen hanging about, which really cut down on the romance factor ;) Richard took me up to the clifftop on these stone steps that go up past a cafe his granddad used to take them to. We went under this bandstand for shelter from the rain and looked out at the view of the Channel. I thought something might be going on, because it was a bit odd to go stand under the bandstand, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high. Wouldn't it be terrible if you expected it and it didn't happen?! But then when he actually did ask me, it caught me completely off guard! I didn't even look at the ring--I just said yes and kissed him. He had to pull me off and ask if I liked the ring to get me to look at it. It's gorgeous:
Platinum band, Emerald-cut diamond with brilliant-cut (round) surrounding diamonds.
I absolutely love it and I keep looking at it all the time...
After the proposal, we went to the Belgian Cafe in the harbour for a celebratory pint of Spitfire ale :)

On the 6-hour drive home from Kent, we discussed some wedding ideas. Tentatively, we're looking at Sept 2012, wedding here in Yorkshire and a honeymoon in the States. For now, though, we're just enjoying telling everybody the good news!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm so happy for the both of you. Congrats.