Sunday, October 5, 2008

Farmers Market


Leeds City Market--note the Christmas lights are already up, which is one of my favorite things about Britain. Since they don't have Thanksgiving, they don't have to wait for it to put up their decorations.

Christmas fruit?

Farmers' Market

Ostrich meat--tasty!

Adorable old people

So, if you look carefully at the white table on the right, you'll see a couple of brownish lumps on the end of the table. Those are dead rabbits...

Urban renewal in process...

This morning I took advantage of the Farmers' Market for some free entertainment. I was slightly disappointed--I'd expected something like the markets in Aix or Pike Place. It was much smaller than those, and didn't have a huge variety of stuff--lots of meat and baked goods. The indoor market's closed on Sundays, so after the Farmers' Market I went over to the main shopping center. I found another H&M, literally just a couple of blocks away from the one I found last week. I love Leeds...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Those buildings with the scaffolding in front look like they were from the earliest settlements! Jeez, I hope people weren't living in them recently. They look like they should have been burned on bonfire night!