Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back to School


The new home of the ICS--isn't it gorgeous? It's part of the original old Yorkshire College buildings, and it's just been renovated (the dept moved in 3 weeks ago). Those tall windows above the entrance are Prof Taylor's office, and the Postgrad research room is just across the hall.

There's still quite a bit of construction work going on, but it's getting there!

The new pedestrianized area in front of the Student Union.

It's really nice to be back at ICS :) Last night I had my first research seminar and it was great to see everybody again (and meet some new people, too). Today's been my first day of actually working, and I've gotten a lot done. I'm going to try to stick to a 9-5 schedule for most days (although I did take an hour long coffee/lunch break...). We'll see how we get on, but so far, it's going really well!

No comments: