Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer Summary



As you may know, I’ve spent this summer sorting and reading several large bins full of letters. We’re talking literally hundreds of letters, written to & from various members of my family (mostly my grandparents). The earliest come from the 1930’s, and the most recent from about 2006. There are also hundreds of photos in these bins, and newspaper clippings, long-expired coupons, cards for every occasion imaginable, and the occasional old utility bill or tax return.


It’s been a long, exhausting process, but I’ve gained a few gems of wisdom from it. As the summer draws to a close, I want to share a summary of this wisdom, so that all my hours of boring work may not have been in vain…


I'll post these topics separately over the next week or so (only 8 more days until I go back to Leeds!)

No comments: